Inspiration Wednesday!!

Hello Unity friends...
Karen here, sharing a sweet little Valentine's Day project with you today...


My source of inspiration is from Pinterest!  No doubt...it seems to be my
"go to" for all sorts of inspiration.

My project was inspired by the two primitive hearts I found via LogCabinPrimitives Blog.
I love the natural & primitive heart look, so I thought it would be great to incorporate
this simple technique I found via Leslie Keating's Blog
 for natural dyeing using avocado skins (who knew?) & stamping
for a sweet Valentine's Day gift!


I used the natural dyeing technique for the outer part of the heart.
It's a beautiful lighter shade of pink.  
I have more material, lace, and ribbon that I dyed in various shades.  
For darker shades of  pink,  you can keep the materials in the dye for a bit longer!!
Also, the natural color of your material with the avocado skin will  help intensify the color
 which I just L-O-V-E!!!

The center heart was dyed using a tea bag, then stamped with my favorite quote. 
Love that this stamp was made into a heart!
Later, I handstitched, filled the heart with batting, and I added a few drops of scented oil.

I'll be tucking this into a little square box, and adding the small handmade tag
to the the box to make a nice gift!


Hope this inspires you...
If you don't happen to sew, you can use your dyed material, lace, or ribbons 
along with your Unity stamps
to make a card, tag, layout, or a mixed media project!!


Unity stamps sets used for my project today...

Happy Love Day KOTM (heart/love quote used on project, valentine's sentiment, tiny hearts)
Oh Christmas Tree KOTM (small gift tag)
 Follow Your Heart itty bitty (heart used for the small gift tag)


Have a super fabulous day!

Hugs & Smiles,

Labels: , , , ,