Long and Skinny Card Sets

Happy Humpday! This is Rachel, and I have a fun Inspiration Wednesday post today... I was actually inspired by a single stamp found in the August 2015 Kit of the Month...


I'm not exactly sure why, but this stamp just seemed very 'art deco' style to me (maybe it's because I was also staring at the August 2015 SMAK kit... super art deco). So I decided to make a set of very simple, long, and skinny autumn cards.


This card is definitely my favorite of the set, and also the one that sparked the idea. I inked the stamp with three different colors of ink (shown in first photo) which give it a fun ombre autumn look. Each card measures 6.25" x 3.5".


This card uses only one stamp from the August KOTM. I masked off the branches so I could get a different color ink on the sentiment than on the leaves... 


This was my tester, so you can see that I decided on different colors in the end :) I masked the stamp using Post It Tape.


Another card long and skinny card! I inked the leaf in a variety of Distress Ink colors, similar to card #1. 


I think that turquoise is so overlooked as a fantastic autumn color! I love how the big aqua bling dots make the cards really pop. I promise you, add teal to your fall color palette! You won't regret it.


Thanks for joining me on this gorgeous SEPTEMBER hump day! The best month of the year ;) 
I hope you grab your latest Kit of the Month and challenge yourself to make a set of long and skinny (and simple!) cards!



Labels: , ,