DT Tuesday - You are Loved

Hello stampers! Rachel here and welcome to the first DT Tuesday of 2016! 
Personally I'm glad it's 2016 because the '5' key on my laptop always sticks and I have to pound it really hard... so ya it's the little things ;)

Today I'm sharing a card I created for a friend of mine who is going through a really rough time. The colors I used were inspired by the newest Unity Be Inspired Challenge: Pink and Red.


This card uses stamps from some neglected SMAK and KOTM kits of mine... I adore these kits but just don't always have the time to love them when they arrive in my mailbox. I used SMAK July 2015 Happy Little Moments and KOTM October 2015 Beauty Comes From Being Yourself.


Both the background and the flower were colored by blending a variety of Distress Inks. I popped the flower on top of a vellum circle to give it some separation from the background. 


This is the beautiful stamp from the Oct 2015 KOTM that I stamped on the inside. The sentiment reads:


Time to share some projects that caught my eye this week! Here we goooo...


Donna Russell created this gorgeous birthday card for her daughter. It's empowering and also has a healthy touch of pink! I found this card in the Facebook Unity Show and Tell Page.


Here's another gorgeous pink and red card made by Tami Carlson French. It looks like she used some Distress Inks, too and she had incorporated my favorite technique... paper piecing! I also found this card on the Unity Show and Tell Facebook page.


Lastly, I picked another creation that shares women empowerment (ya!)... This gorgeous plaque was created by Sharon Nettleship.  And again, I found this lovely piece on the Unity Show and Tell Facebook group!