Inspiration Wednesday with Heather

Good afternoon! Heather here to share some inspiration with you.

I spent a bit of time browsing Pinterest for some of the stuff I had pinned as inspiring, yet hadn't had a chance to use yet. Kind of dangerous stuff - I ended up making TWO cards, because I couldn't choose which inspiration I liked better! Hahaha!

So - I have two cards to share today! :)


Here is my inspiration for this first card - I actually have had that background of Gurnsey Gingham stamped and sitting near my desk since Christmas - and since I hadn't used it as planned, I thought I would update it to a slightly more spring feel, and add a gold flower!

{image credit}

I heat embossed the flower from the January KOTM - Start Again on vellum with gold embossing powder, and then carefully fussy cut it out. Added a scallop background, a sentiment from the March 2015 Sentiment Kit - Blossoming Thoughts & Wishes also heat embossed, but in white on black cardstock, then finished off with a bit of jute twine - something I can't get enough of!


And here is my second card - a distinctively more spring feel to this one!


And here was my inspiration - so crazy quick and easy!

{image credit}

I love this stamp image in the current February Kit of the Month - Allow Beauty - I used a masking pen to mark out some of the solid white letters, let it dry, added my swipes of watercolor, allowed it to dry, then carefully used an eraser to remove the dried masking fluid.


How about you? Do you find Pinterest a source of inspiration? I know I sure do - although I usually end up with more ideas than my poor brain can handle, so I have to limit my time there! Heehee! :)


Labels: , , ,